SSSTS Courses: What Is Involved?
Your Complete Guide
Looking to take an SSSTS course but aren’t sure what to expect? We’re here to help. As expert providers of SSSTS courses online, we’re here to tell you everything you need to know – from what the course includes to how long it will take you to complete.
About the course
First of all: what is an SSSTS course? SSSTS stands for Site Safety Plus Training Couse. This course has been put together with team leaders, foremen, gangers, and first line managers in mind, along with those who have supervisory responsibilities and need to understand their legal duties on site. This course equips candidates with a thorough understanding of those legal responsibilities and will help them to more effectively contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of safety on site.
Once you have completed the course successfully, you will hold a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate and be able to list this on your CV.
What you will cover
So, what does the SSSTS course include? When you sign up for this training program, you can expect to cover the following concepts during your time with us:
- An introduction to health and safety on site. You will also cover welfare and environmental issues that supervisors need to be aware of. This will also include the legal responsibilities that you have while overseeing workers on a construction site.
- What is expected of someone in your role, incorporating occupational health issues that are commonly seen in the construction industry.
- A close look at all relevant UK health and safety laws, and how site supervisors and managers can work together to uphold safety on site.
- How to carry out risk assessments and why method statements are required by law.
- Introductions to fire prevention and control, control of hazardous substances, CDM (Construction Design Management) Regulations, Working at Height, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), manual handling, accidents and first aid.
- How to carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Highlighting the importance of proactive and reactive monitoring.
How long is the course?
How long does the SSSTS course take to complete? It is a 2-day long course, and you need to complete both days to be able to take the test at the end of the course. This test is to demonstrate what you have learned during your time with us, and you will complete a multiple-choice questionnaire.
We are often asked if the SSSTS course can be completed online – and the answer is yes! We offer remote learning for all delegates eligible for the SSSTS course, so you will be able to complete your training at a time and place that suits you.
Find out more today
If you want to complete an SSSTS course, then it is important that you do so through a trusted provider. Here at SRP Training, you can take advantage of expert tuition from experienced construction industry professionals, along with first-class customer support from our team at every stage. To find out more about learning with us, please get in touch today. We would love to answer any questions that you may have.